Jennifer – Office Manager
Jennifer oversees a variety of duties in our office, including assisting patients with scheduling and insurance filing, since joining our team in October 1990. One of her favorite aspects of her position is the daily interaction with patients.
Jennifer and her husband Keith have two adult daughters and a son in law.
- Favorite North Carolina vacation spot: The beach and the mountains.
- Spare time activities: Mt. Zion Baptist Church kickball team, singing in her church choir and Praise team, Mosaic Mission Group, church committees, as well as traveling to Alabama and Raleigh to visit her children.
- Hobbies: Refinishing furniture, crafting, painting, reading and looking for treasures in antique shops.
Megan – Office Assistant
Megan assists patients with appointment scheduling and insurance information. She joined our practice in September 2013. Megan enjoys meeting new patients and getting to know our established patients.
Megan, a native of Buffalo, NY, is X-ray certified, and holds a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education/special education.
She and her husband Ryan have a son, a dog and two cats.
- Favorite North Carolina vacation spot: Ocean Isle Beach
- Spare time activities: Serves as one of the preschool teachers in the children’s ministry at Escalate Church, Bible study, volunteering at Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministries dental clinic, watching Buffalo Bills football, visiting and spending time with family in Buffalo.
- Hobbies: Painting, crocheting, reading and photography.
Sonja – Dental Assistant
Sonja joined our team in January 1994, and assists Dr. Troutman with a variety of procedures. This Western Piedmont Community College graduate loves giving patients a reason to smile.
Sonja and her husband have two sons and a dog named Ripley.
- Hobbies: Writing, crafts, cosplay, hiking, entering contests, gaming, and going to conventions and festivals.
Renea – Registered Dental Hygienist
Renea has helped patients care for their teeth and keep their smiles healthy since she joined our practice in April 1996. She is a graduate of Guilford Technical Community College in Greensboro.
Renea and her husband Vince have three children and three dogs.
- Favorite North Carolina vacation spot: The beaches
- Spare time activities: photography, scrapbooking, spending time with family, and traveling
Amy – Registered Dental Hygienist
For Amy, her patients are like family, and she enjoys interacting with them at their cleaning appointments. Amy has been part of our team since May 1995.
She earned her dental hygiene degree from Coastal Carolina Community College in Jacksonville, NC.
Amy has been on mission trips to Belize and Haiti to work with children, and looks forward to returning to both areas.
Amy and her husband Alan have three children and two dogs.
- Favorite vacation spot: Hilton Head Island
- Spare time activities: being outdoors, boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, looking for waterfalls, shopping in mountain stores and traveling- locally and abroad.
Pam – Registered Dental Hygienist
Pam has worked in Dr. Troutman’s practice since May 1993. She enjoys helping patients keep their teeth and gums healthy and motivating them to change their habits when necessary to improve their oral health. Getting to meet and work with a variety of people is the best part of her job.
She has a dental hygiene degree from Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte and has worked in several types of dental settings including periodontics, general dentistry, and a juvenile prison.
Pam enjoys traveling and has a daughter and son-in-law.
Pam volunteers with Missions of Mercy clinics in North Carolina to provide dental services to people who have no dental insurance. She also is a volunteer with Operation Christmas Child, and loves every opportunity to help people pack shoeboxes as gifts to underprivileged children in countries all over the world. She loves the opportunity to show kindness and bring joy to people who are dealing with all kinds of trauma in their lives.
- Spare time activities: Bible Study, Do It Yourself projects such as painting and furniture makeovers, walking and anything to do with water.
- Hobbies: Sewing, quilting, research reading, music and crafting.
Kensy – Registered Dental Hygienist
Kensy joined Dr. Troutman’s practice in May 2019, after graduating from Western Piedmont Community College. Kensy loves interacting with patients and helping them feel confident in their smile. When she’s not helping patients, Kensy spends her free time outdoors, hiking, swimming, sun-tanning, riding four-wheelers; and enjoying the company of her family.